[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.0 and beyond

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue May 28 13:36:13 PDT 2013

Hi

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Giovanni Manghi
<giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Undoubtedly we will have to release with blockers
>
> please no :)
> It would be a huge blow to QGIS reputation as there are actually
> blockers that make QGIS really unusable for any real life job.

ALL the blockers should make QGIS really unusuable, otherwise IMHO
they shouldn't be blockers. Many of the items in the blocker list are
indeed irritations but I think the blocker list needs to be
aggressively pruned of items that aren't actually causing crashes /
data corruption or serious inability to use QGIS.

As I said to Sandro, and as we discuss with each release, we will need
to make compromises - including considering making a release with a
known issues list where there are items that we have no strategy in
place to deal with them.

Regards

Tim

> cheers!