[Qgis-developer] External calls to SEXTANTE?

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Tue May 28 14:41:00 PDT 2013

Definitely that sounds interesting, and I guess that SEXTANTE is a
right choice for reimplementing your ideas.

about calling algorithms from python, if you are mainly going to use
GRASS ones, you can probably do it without SEXTANTE, but using
SEXTANTE will allow you to get more functionality.

I would suggest you to start by writing a simple SEXTANTE algorithm
that calls the algorithms needed for you model. I could help you on
that, and then we can see how to maybe take it out of the "normal"
QGIS/SEXTANTE framework to allow it to be executed without the full
QGIS GUI (I uderstand that is what you are looking for)

feel free to contact me if you need more help