[Qgis-developer] Adding a feature to a layer with joined fields

Minoru Akagi akaginch at gmail.com
Thu May 30 00:05:21 PDT 2013

Hi,

2013/5/30 Denis Rouzaud <denis.rouzaud at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> Regarding blocker #7072, I wonder if it really makes sense to have joined
> fields than can be filled by the user in the edit form while creating a
> feature. These fields should not be edited at all.
> I would suggest not to show them at creation and to disable the joined
> fields while editing.
>
> What do you think?

I think it's right. In 1.8, joined fields are editable. Input values
are displayed in the attribute table, but their values are not saved
when I save the layer as a new file.
My patch[1] does not hide joined fields in new feature form, but it
makes joined fields uneditable. As soon as we create a new feature on
join layer, fields in the joined table are bind to the new feature
corresponding to the value of the target field. I believe that editing
join layer should work well with two patches[1][2].

[1] https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/pull/576
[2] https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/pull/546

Minoru