[Qgis-developer] print composer, more symbols - Roadmap 2.2

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Nov 5 07:39:08 PST 2013

Hi David,

We deliberately held back on the publication of too many map symbols -
for now.

There was a Gsoc (Google summer of code project) by Arunmozhi this year
that worked on a central symbol repository (django webapp) and a QGIS
integration which will help people to exchange styles and SVG symbols.
See http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/17/Google_Summer_of_Code_2013

Too many (SVG) symbols pre-installed slow down QGIS considerably. So I'd
rather prefer having fewer symbols pre-installed. If there was a way to
browse symbols online easily and then just pull the symbols that one
actually needs that would be wonderful.

I don't know the current status of the GsoC project. It seems to have
done fairly well but I do not see that integrated in qgis master
currently. Anyone knows? Is the django based website publically
available?

I see that there is an "import from URL" method in the GUI of the style
manager - but wich URL? Is there already a central repository?

Thanks,
Andreas