[Qgis-developer] cpp-plugin for QGIS 2.0

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Nov 6 08:45:36 PST 2013

Hi Susann,

As long as there is no API break, your C++ code should work across
versions.

There was an API break shortly between 1.9 and 2.0.

If you target QGIS 2.0 or higher you do not have to deal with QGIS <
2.0.

You can get the sourcecode directly from github at
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/

See http://www.qgis.org/de/site/getinvolved/index.html for additional
information how to get started.

Compilation has to be done for each platform and major version
separately, as you have to link to the QGIS core libraries. If your
plugin is just for inhouse you just need to target the versions and
platforms you deal with. If it is for general usage and of general
interests and good quality, it would be better to include your code in
trunk with pull requests, so that packagers can bundle it with the
installers.

Good luck,
Andreas