[Qgis-developer] WG: Re: WG: Re: WG: Re: cpp-plugin for QGIS 2.0

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 03:11:26 PST 2013

Compared to C++, Python is pretty easy to pick up.  There are some really
good Python videos and after you watch a few of them (or even just one) I
would say you would feel comfortable in it.  Because the PyQt and Qt C++
APIs are almost the same in terms of porting the code it almost comes right
over; plus or minus a few little tweaks.

I would even say that you would reduce your 3000 line count because Python
is a lot less verbose then C++ and allows for some pretty handy styles that
reduce the needed code.

I use PyCharm as my Python IDE which I have so far found to be the best.
 It supports PyQt API auto completion.

- Nathan