[Qgis-developer] GarminCustomMap-plugin updated for QGIS 2.0

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Sat Nov 16 09:44:37 PST 2013

Hi Richard

I shall add more documentation to the next (then hopefully stable) version.

However I am not sure where that would be most suitable...
For the time being, I think an "about-dialog" (like e.g. in MergeShapes) would be best.

I do like the idea to include a more comprehensive description in the metadata.txt very much, but it would be too much text for the bold letters the text from the description-entry has in the plugin installer. Here I noticed quite different usage among plugin-devs. Compare for example, "MultiEdit" and "New Memory Layer".

For adding more documentation in the metadata.txt it would be really nice to have a "short_description" and a "long_description" which can be shown in bold or normal type in the excellent new plugin-installer...

Best regards
Stefan