[Qgis-developer] Atlas: labels are cut

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Mon Nov 18 06:05:01 PST 2013

Hi Paolo,
Do you somehow mask the area outside the polygon ? If yes i'm really
interested.
 If not, we are also wondering how to limit labeling only to objects within
the Atlas object. A way is to use expression generator to filter labels only
when the layer's object intersects Atlas current feature. We have to add
some global variables as Atlas output for this.
Prototypes using user functions do work, but we have to check what happens
with big polygons. And that doesn't solve the labelling issue, where labels
can fall outside the Atlas polygon.
IMO, we should end up with a global "Area of intersect" variable, and we
should have labeling options to tell if label must be drawn only for object
part inside AOI or not..
We'll produce probabaly a prototype of what could be a good behaviour and go
further with the community.
Cheers
Régis