[Qgis-developer] 2.0 Win standalone busted

Chrest, David davidc at rti.org
Wed Nov 20 06:20:46 PST 2013

I installed QGIS 2.0 using the Window standalone installer (64 bit) on
October 4, 2013. Has there been any fixes to this installer and a new
one made available on the website since then? I noticed there are some
things missing and certain features do not work. Seems to be missing
some GDAL components.

I cannot add or view Excel tables.

When I run some GRASS tools like v.sample I get this error in the log:
GRASS_INFO_ERROR (48804.1): Unable to load GDAL library.

When installing the new GarminCustomMap plugin, I get this error loading
plugin message: The plugin depends on some components missing in your
system. You need to install the following Python module in order to
enable it: _gdal_array.

I see this was reported by Nathan Woodrow back on September 20 and he
said: Can someone please look into this as having all these broken
windows builds going out isn't very good.

Has this issue been addressed and has the windows standalone installer
been fixed?

Thanks so much for any help,

David

David Chrest