[Qgis-developer] Spring Hackfest

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Mon Nov 25 00:41:01 PST 2013

Hi,

Although the winter in the northern hemisphere just started, it's time
to think about spring already.

Does anybody have an idea where the next hackfest could be and probably
even started to organize something? I remember, there were a couple of
ideas around, but I am not sure, if any of these was further examined.

I would very much like to go to a place somewhere in the south of Europe
(e.g. Italy, Portugal and Spain coming to my mind) as we have good
chances to already find warmer temperatures there than north of the Alps.

At the end of March, there is the Spanish FOSS4G in Girona, near
Barcelona [1]. Although this is not a conference where everybody will be
going, it might be interesting for some and a possibility to combine the
two events. Victor has a contact in Girona who could be helpful in the
organization of such an event.

Are there other ideas or comments around?

Best,
Matthias

[1] http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/
<http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/>