[Qgis-developer] What's up with the 2.0.2 designation?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Oct 1 02:14:07 PDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 11:03:14AM +0200, Radim Blazek wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Alex Mandel
> <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
> > My understanding of the discussion was that bugfix releases were tabled
> > (put on hold) until after the 2.0 release in order to let everyone work
> > on the 2.0 release. As others have mentioned on other threads a bugfix
> > release in the 2.0.x series would make a lot of sense to tackle all of
> > the regressions that people are finding.
> >
> > We could set a deadline though, maybe a cutoff of one month since
> > release for bugs to tackle for bugfix and then a set time of several
> > months to try and fix them? Though with the packaging issue maybe it's
> > better to tackle the bugs in groups since that needs to get fixed soon.
> > I'm on the fence if purely packing fixes should get a number bump. It
> > might not be a bad idea to make it clear to end users that it's newer.
> >
> > So Idea:
> > 2.0.2 packaging fixes
> > 2.0.3 in a couple months bugfix release
>
> This sounds reasonable to me. More formalized:
> * no regular bugfixes to release-2_0 branch until all packaging issues
> are resolved and new release is tagged (most probably final-2_0_2, but
> may be final-2_0_3, ... if another packaging issue appears)
> * open release-2_0 for regular bugfixes once packaging issues are
> solved (will be announced by release manager)
>
> Is it acceptable for release manager, PSC and others?
>
> I am asking because I have fix for #8724 (96bd7e7f) and I am willing
> to backport it to release-2_0 but I am not sure if I am allowed and

For the casual reader who doesn't like to leave the MUA to open a web
browser, point it to a search enging and look for magic numbers (like me),
bug #8724 is "Reprojecting and identifying a wms layer crashes QGIS"

Issue link: http://hub.qgis.org/issues/8724

Commit link (the autolink from issue does not work):
 https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/96bd7e7f2e1b70e2515e628d3c5583d7d73eeb50

--strk;