[Qgis-developer] Compilation core.sip syntax error and ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 07:22:45 PDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
>> Hi Nathan,
>>
>> On Wed, 12. Jun 2013 at 18:03:57 +1000, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
>>>    Which platform are you on and what version of SIP do you have?  Your
>>>    version of might not support something in the header that I added.
>>
>> Also affects lucid - see also 0f3f440cdf0f194c5c1558b936b9058924a324c8
>
> If I revert 61e101dd4 and 597c4028 it compiles, but QGIS gives on start
>
> ProcessingToolbox.py", line 57, in __init__
>     useCategories = settings.value(self.USE_CATEGORIES, type = bool)
> TypeError: QSettings.value(QString, QVariant defaultValue=QVariant()):
> 'type' is not a valid keyword argument
>
> so it seems that keyword_arguments="Optional" in Module definition is
> now necessary but it is not supported by SIP 4.10.2. The fix by Jef
> 0f3f440cd fixes compilation, but did somebody try if it also works?
> For me it does not.
>
> In any case, the fix is only applied if compiled as Debian package,
> would it be possible to do it conditional in .sip files according to
> SIP version?

keyword_arguments Module argument was introduced in SIP 4.12
http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/hg/sip/rev/4a79f5996bd7
Current requirement for QGIS in INSTALL is SIP >= 4.8
Is it really necessary to have keyword_arguments? If yes, we have to
increase the required SIP version in INSTALL. The SIP version should
also be checked by CMakeLists.txt but I don't see any test.

It would mean that Python support will not work on Debian 6.0 Squeeze, bad IMO.

Radim