[Qgis-developer] Python: Select features that touch other features

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Oct 4 07:48:47 PDT 2013

Hi,

In my little python plugin I would like to do the following:

In a parcel layer the user can interactively select a street parcel
(typically long parcels). The user could select one or more street parcels.

My little python script should then select all parcels that touch the
selected parcels, so the touching features are in the same table than
the originally selected features.

I did not work with spatial operators and selections so far. Does
someone have some code around to start from?

Thanks a lot!

Andreas