[Qgis-developer] PyQGIS API code completion not working in PyCharm

Jorge Gil jorge.gil at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Oct 9 04:44:37 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm new to QGIS plug-in developemtn and I'm setting up a development
environment on Mac OS X.

At the moment I'm going with PyCharm and got the remote debugging to
work. Thanks to this list!

One thing I can't get to work is code completion for the PyQGIS API.

I've added '/Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/Resources/python/qgis/' and
'/Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/Resources/python/' to the interpreter's
path. PyCharm can find PyQGIS and ads it to the external libraries. This
way I can import the qgis modules without errors, in the Python console
for example.
However, code completion doesn't work in the editor nor in the console.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Jorge