[Qgis-developer] Reliable way to determine a groupIndex in the legend tree

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 14:41:23 PDT 2013

> Personally, I am also interested in enhancing group options in the layer
> tree. Groups are not just stupid containers with only toggling of
> visibility. They could also have a group opacity and blending and group
> metadata. Later on we may also have clipping and masking on groups. So
> we really should have an extensible mechanism for groups as new group
> features appear.

One thing I'd love to see is the ability to make the layers in a group
"mutually exclusive". (ie, imagine radio buttons instead of checkboxes for
controlling the visibility of layers within that group). I find I'm often
going through a process of switching one layer on, then switching a bunch
of other layers off for comparison purposes. A mutually exclusive layer
group which automatically switched the other child layers off when I select
a layer would make this process much nicer!

Nyall