[Qgis-developer] Reliable way to determine a groupIndex in the legend tree

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Oct 11 04:04:24 PDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 12:25:21PM +0200, Bernhard Ströbl wrote:

> I understand this in the way I wrote in my last message. You would
> make the children visible/unvisible "regardless of the children's
> visibility being on or off".

Indeed that wording was a bit confusing to me.
If you confirm you meant that a layer could be visible on canvas
without it being set to "visible" then I disagree about that.

> Am 11.10.2013 12:09, schrieb Sandro Santilli:
> >On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 12:02:08PM +0200, Bernhard Ströbl wrote:
> >
> >>We would have these two cases:
> >>1) Group is checked and although layer is unchecked it is visible
> >
> >I don't think this case exists.
>
> Why not? You check/uncheck a group and the layers are
> visible/invisible depending on the group status not their individual
> status.

The way I see it is in that case you'd SHIFT-click thus changing
the visibility state of every child layer, loosing the original
visibility state of them.

> >Because for me an unchecked layer should _never_ be shown.
>
> Same for me, _plus_ a checked layer should _always_ be shown

Fine by me, as long as we have an "half-checked" state for
the case in which c layer is set to visible but any ancestor
makes it invisible.

--strk;