[Qgis-developer] Reliable way to determine a groupIndex in the legend tree

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 15:50:13 PDT 2013

> > If a layer is unchecked it is not drawn in the map.
> >
> > If a layer is checked but its parent is not, it is not drawn in the map.
>
> Thank you, we agree then :)

To make it easier, maybe we should refer to the two different methods as
"AND"/"OR". Ie, a layer is displayed only if it's ticked AND all it's
parent groups are ticked, as opposite to a layer is displayed if it's
ticked OR any of its parent groups are ticked.

For me, it's a +1 for the AND behaviour.

Nyall