[Qgis-developer] plugins and Windows usernames with accents in QGIS 2.0

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Wed Oct 16 03:43:22 PDT 2013

> Hi Giovanni,
>
> On Thu, 10. Oct 2013 at 13:28:23 +0100, Giovanni Manghi wrote:
>> I have noticed that there are still issues when installing plugins on
>> Windows machines and when the username has an accented letter.
>
> Try 4cb37b1a please.

Hi Jurgen,

things are pretty much ok now in the latest master. Thanks!

the only plugin that fails to install is the OpenLayers one that gives a

"the plugin is broken. Python said: ascii"

message, followed by

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "", line 1, in
  File "C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis-dev/./python\pyplugin_installer\installer.py",
line 339, in installPlugin
    pluginDir = qgis.utils.home_python_pluginpath + "/" + plugin["id"]
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'home_python_pluginpath'

message.

But maybe this is a plugin issue.

cheers!