[Qgis-developer] Teaching Processing: notes from the wild

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 04:25:18 PDT 2013

2013/10/19 Victor Olaya <volayaf at gmail.com>:
> Regarding releasing a new version, I actually do not know how to do
> it, considering that there is not Processign plugin page, so I cannot
> publish the zip file using the web interface. However, if you Paolo,
> or Alex, want to publish it, I definitely like the idea. We are not
> adding any new functionality lately, but mostly fixing bugs, so I
> would propose to release regularly, like once a week, to have all new
> fixed available.

Why not reusing existing SEXTANTE page at plugin website? Maybe
it is possible to rename it and use for publishing Processing packages?
If this does not violate plugin site and project policy, maybe Nathan or
Alessandro can do this (I mean renaming) for us.

Or alternatively, we can mark SEXTANTE as deprecated, create new page
for Processing and upload packages to this page.

And finally, we can publish Processing packages near to the QGIS nightly
builds, so users can download it and install manually. This option is less
automated for users.

> I propose to tag versions using the current QGIS version and an extra
> number, so now we will do 2.0.1.2, then 2.0.1.3....and once QGIS 2.0.2
> is out, we move to 2.0.2.1. Sounds ok to you?

I'm not sure will Plugin manager correctly recognize such four-numbers versions
and overwrite them (will try to do some testing). Maybe I'm wrong (Borys know
more about this), but we should keep main Processing (in QGIS core) with higher
version than version available from plugin repo. This needed for
correct overriding
when user installed new QGIS build.

--
Alexander Bruy