[Qgis-developer] Rv: [gdal-dev] Support of filemapping for fast rendering in QGIS...

A Huarte ahuarte47 at yahoo.es
Tue Oct 22 05:55:01 PDT 2013

Hi, I am testing in Windows XP compiling with Visual Studio 2010.

I have a console test application using directly the "shapefil" library.
I will use test_ogrsf utility for a complete benchmark

I this environment and my test application, using OGRFastAtof(), the full read of a huge shape around 500.000 records (500mb of shp file, 150mb of dbf file) with eight double fields goes from 5.6sg to 3.06sg. I don't evaluate that the precision loss, it is a task for check.

In addition, using filemapping with boost library, the full process goes from 3.06sg to 1.45sg.

These values ​as you see ​are approximate, but they give an idea of ​​optimization is possible at least for this OS.

It is why I wanted to check this behavior

thanks!