[Qgis-developer] Splash screen for 2.0

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sun Sep 1 13:09:46 PDT 2013

Thanks Larry!

Am 01.09.2013, 21:37 Uhr, schrieb Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com>:
> Maybe stay with Source Sans Pro. It's very professional-looking. I think
> it might be just fine if the Q is slightly wider, say at 110%.

Based on the feedback on flickr and here, I went with the version which
does not include the logo (so there are no conflicting Qs) and cleaned it
up to avoid any overlapping texts. I'm very happy with the results:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42637169/qgis20_draft7.png

If there are no major objections, I'll move on to the website redesign
now. Thanks everyone for your feedback!

Best wishes,
Anita

> http://drive.dakotacarto.com/qgis/source-sans_Q-G_100.png
> http://drive.dakotacarto.com/qgis/source-sans_Q-G_110.png
> http://drive.dakotacarto.com/qgis/source-sans_compare-Q-G_110.png
>
> Regards,
>
> Larry
>

> Best wishes,
>> Anita
>>

>>> [0]
>>> http://www.google.com/fonts/#**ReviewPlace:refine/Collection:**
>>> Rambla|Source+Sans+Pro|**Brawler|Signika+Negative|**
>>> Headland+One|Lato|Average|**ABeeZee|Duru+Sans|Arimo|**
>>> http://www.google.com/fonts/**specimen/Source+Code+Pro<http://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Source+Code+Pro>,