[Qgis-developer] Version 2.0 branched

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Wed Sep 4 14:37:07 PDT 2013

Hi All

Tonight we have branched QGIS 2.0 and so master is open for general
commits, feature requests etc again. As incoming release manager Juergen
Fischer will give further announcements relating to freeze etc activities
on master, while as outgoing release manager I will focus only on 2.0
branch for now.

Please note that this is not a call for packaging yet - I have not yet
tagged the release as there are a few housekeeping additions that need to
be made (updated changelog and SWISSTOPO credits in about box etc.)

I expect to do the actual tagging of the release later in this week at
which point we will issue a call for packaging.

Just to emphasise, the release-2_0 is:

* not yet ready to have packages pushed into official repos
* ready for packagers to update their scripts / packaging rules etc if they
live in the release tree
* is frozen except for approved commits - any commits going into the
release should please go via Juergen or myself
* not ready for general announcements, publicity etc. - give us a chance to
get the publicity materials together before you do this.

Thanks

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net