[Qgis-developer] Infrastructure for plugin settings

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 06:00:31 PDT 2013

I have made some publicity before for a library which handles plugin
settings.
http://3nids.github.io/qgissettingmanager/

Basically, the idea is that it you create once the settings somewhere in
your plugin and then it handles type validation, defaut values, etc. The
most interesting part is that you have a SettingDialog class, which
automatically read/write widgets if you name them accordingly to the
settings (it handles several widgets for all the different types of
settings).

This small lib is very time saving for the few plugins I have.

Maybe an idea would be to translate this to a QgsPluginSetting class
which would then list all the settings to be edited in the main plugin
setting window.

Cheers,

Denis