[Qgis-developer] Pull request responsibility

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Thu Sep 5 09:15:18 PDT 2013

Hi Larry

On Don 05 Sep 2013 18:11:44 CEST, Larry Shaffer wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 8:52 AM, Matthias Kuhn <matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
> <mailto:matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     The last couple of months, (almost?) every pull request has a core
>     developer assigned. I personally think, the idea is good to make
>     somebody responsible for the pull request (who can pass it on if
>     required of course) so they don't get forgotten.
>
>     However, I just found a pull request which is assigned to me and I
>     didn't realize before. Same happened already several times, when
>     asking
>     an assigned developer about the status, he normally didn't know about
>     his assignment. At the same time, others will hesitate from taking
>     care
>     of a pull request assigned to somebody else.
>

> Very important to get those notifications. To this end, I added a pull
> request and assigned it to you (feel free to close or commit it).
> Please verify you are receiving the notification that I assigned it to
> you.

I already verified with Marco, and he got no verification, and I didn't
either.

Marco is looking for an option to enable these notifications. In case
there's nothing I think we should open a ticket on github's github page
(I just guess there is one :-) )
I shortly checked, the information would be present in the github API,
but honestly, we got enough issues to solve in our software.

Regards,

Matthias