[Qgis-developer] How to render Shapefile using QT4 & OpenGL in ubuntu

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Sat Sep 7 03:58:33 PDT 2013

Hi Swapan,

You can have a look at the QGIS source code on github [1]
It is hard to tell, if it suits your needs. For rendering, creating and
editing shape files you would not need to adjust the software at all
and could just use it as is, without messing with the source code at
all.
There would also highly customize it to your needs by using the
customization menu. [2] Or you could even build an own application
using these libraries if you see a reason for doing so. [3]

FYI: It is not using OpenGL at all (apart from the globe plugin)

Regards,
Matthias

[1] https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS
[2]