[Qgis-developer] Ticket cleanup after 2.0 release

Alister Hood alister.hood at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 18:59:00 PDT 2013

> Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 13:48:40 +0200
> From: Pirmin Kalberer <pi_ml at sourcepole.com>
> To: qgis-developer <qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org>
> Subject: [Qgis-developer] Ticket cleanup after 2.0 release
>
> Hi,
>
> With currently ~1700 open bug and feature request tickets, keeping track of
>
> open tickets gets harder and harder. Since many tickets are quite old, maybe
>
> solved or not appropriate anymore, I propose a cut following the 2.0
> release.
> Means we close all tickets with a comment asking to reopen, if the ticket
> still applies to 2.0.

-1

Do you really think there is a large number of open tickets which are
no longer applicable?  It seems unlikely to me.

Also, I'd note that biggest difficulty when searching existing tickets
before filing a new one is that it is impossible to _search_ only open
tickets.  (Last time I checked this was an open ticket for redmine - I
haven't checked whether there is a new version which implements it).

BTW, looking at a couple of my closed tickets, it looks like users do
now actually have the power to reopen their closed tickets, which was
a problem in the past.  Do we know if this is working reliably
everywhere now?

Regards,
Alister