[Qgis-developer] Infrastructure for plugin settings

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Wed Sep 11 05:12:33 PDT 2013

Dnia czwartek, 5 września 2013 15:00:31 Denis Rouzaud pisze:
> I have made some publicity before for a library which handles plugin
> settings.
> http://3nids.github.io/qgissettingmanager/
>
> Basically, the idea is that it you create once the settings somewhere in
> your plugin and then it handles type validation, defaut values, etc. The
> most interesting part is that you have a SettingDialog class, which
> automatically read/write widgets if you name them accordingly to the
> settings (it handles several widgets for all the different types of
> settings).
>
> This small lib is very time saving for the few plugins I have.

It looks great! Especially with setValueOnWidgetUpdate=True, as I understand,
I'm able to make interactive settings (reading values in the runtime, setting
one widget depending on other widget value), without any need of direct access
to widgets, I mean staying purely within this layer of abstraction. It's
really nice.

Of course, I understand graying out widgets and changing list of combobox'
items still needs direct access.

> Maybe an idea would be to translate this to a QgsPluginSetting class
> which would then list all the settings to be edited in the main plugin
> setting window.

Similarly to Alex, I prefer interactive and aesthetically hand-polished gui ;)
So for my plugins I only can imagine the common settings tree as something
additional, an 'advanced' mode. Anyway, let's talk about it on the HF!