[Qgis-developer] Suppress rendering of small features

Luca Manganelli luca76 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 00:04:56 PDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 8:51 AM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>wrote:

> [...] I don't know if it would really speed up things. One would have to
> test.

"Programmers waste enormous amounts of time thinking about, or worrying
about, the speed of noncritical parts of their programs, and these attempts
at efficiency actually have a strong negative impact when debugging and
maintenance are considered. We should forget about small efficiencies, say
about 97% of the time: premature optimization is the root of all evil. Yet
we should not pass up our opportunities in that critical 3%."

Donald Knuth