[Qgis-developer] Better world projections

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Thu Sep 12 10:38:00 PDT 2013

Hi Andreas,

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 6:00 AM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that basically all well-known small-scale projections for
> world views are missing in QGIS, e.g. Robinson, Mollweide, Wagner,
> Winkel, Eckert, etc
>
> Can we add these for QGIS 2.1 or 2.0x?

+1. I was surprised to see they were missing, but then I don't do much at
those scales.

BTW, thank you very much for sharing that link. One of the best
illustrations on world projections I have ever seen. Would look beautiful
in a web view inside QGIS.

In fact, such a projection preview would be an excellent addition for the
CRS selection dialog, maybe as a preview of current data using the canvas,
layer or all-layers extent.

Regards,

Larry