[Qgis-developer] how to distribute Processing modules?

Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 18:39:30 PDT 2013

Hi list

I am building a plugin for Processing (former Sextante). Besides the
GeoAlgorithms,  I'd like to include some ready-made models along with the
plugin.

Is this feasible? How to do it?

I am currently using a 'models' subdir under my plugin's code with the
models.

It seems I should be able to register the models with processing's own
ModelerAlgorithmProvider, but I am missing something

# python code
alg = ModelerAlgorithm()
alg.openModel('path_to_model_file')
modeler_provider = Processing.modeler
modeler_provider.algs.append(alg)
Processing.updateProviders()

When running the above from the Python console I get no errors. But the
Processing Toolbox does not show my models.

What am I missing?

Is there another way to do this? Is including models in plugins a nice way
of distributing them? In this case it seems like a good thing, beacuse I
want to provide some examples on how the plugin can be used.

Best regards