[Qgis-developer] new bug in spatialite data provider?

Josef K groundwatergis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 11:58:42 PDT 2013

I recently tested version 2.0 and found that I can not add features to a
spatialite layer where the primary key is defined by two fields: text and
integer. Error message:

"Errors: ERROR: 1 feature(s) not added.

Provider errors:

SQLite error: t2.col_2 may not be NULL

SQL: INSERT INTO "t2"("col_1","col_2") VALUES (?,?)"

In addition, in QGIS-master (version 2.1) there is also a problem to add
features to a spatialite layer where the primary key is text (only one
field).

I have been using 1.9.90 for several months and not had these problems
before, at least not after bug #4569 was fixed [1]. A sample project and
data base may be downloaded from here [2] for testing, just start editing
the layers and try to add some features. Updating layer t2 fails in version
2.0 while there is problems with both layer t1 and t2 in version 2.1.

Could someone please verify before I send a bug report? (I am using Ubuntu
12.04, qgis built from source with spatialite 4.1.1)

regards
Josef

[1] http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4569
[2]