[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.0 and GRASS integration on OSX and Windows

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Sep 25 02:14:26 PDT 2013

Hi,

I did more testing and it seems that on Windows, both 32bit and 64bit
versions are fine if I install from OSGeo4W. However, both fail if I
install from the standalone installer. This is in line with what other
people discovered.

Running, QGIS as administrator does not help in my case.

According to Jürgen both come from the same sources, so it is really a
myth why the standalone installer does not support GRASS in processing,
and OSGeo4W does support it.

Maybe there is some missing dependency in the standalone installer? The
standalone installer probably does not include all packages that can be
selected in the OSGeo4W installer?

Andreas