[Qgis-developer] What's up with the 2.0.2 designation?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Sep 26 10:15:51 PDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 11:05:27AM -0600, Larry Shaffer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe I missed the memo, but there is now a 2.0.2 release designation for
> tagging issues in the hub.qgis.org tracker. Is there some timeline
> concerning a 2.0.2 release? If so, where?
>
> I have been scheduling my work sessions around the expectation of a 2.1
> release and have not anticipated a sooner one. Likewise, do we currently
> have any timeline goals for a 2.1 release?

2.1 and 2.0.2 are two very different beasts.

2.0.2 will be a bugfix only release, could come out any time if a bad
bad bug is found and is painless to upgrade to.

2.1.0 will be a new feature release, will only come out when enough
features are included.

PS: these are actually only my expectations, sent in hope to be
    considered by the new release manager :)

--strk;