[Qgis-developer] qgis on slackware

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Sep 30 08:50:27 PDT 2013

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 05:40:04PM +0200, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> I think if we have a dedicated Ubuntu and Windows build team and our
> core developers could just add a tag and then get back to implementing
> new cool features and solve nasty bugs, hesitation would be less.
> I already hear the users of these two systems scream when there's a
> release tagged but not available in their repo.
> I think we would happily accept you as maintainer of either of these.
> Which one do you prefer? :-)

I never learnt packaging. As a lazy person the weight of learning
packaging is more than the weight of building things myself
(even if cmake is kind of changing the balance, lately, not letting
me just type ./configure && make).

That said, I think you should ask the screamers about maintaining
the package, not me (I don't scream for qgis package :)

Helping users to help themselves may grow the community even more!

--strk;