[Qgis-developer] Identified features vs. Selected features : could we merge those ?

AntonioLocandro antoniolocandro at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 3 07:29:39 PDT 2014

Hi Oliver,

I agree with Regis we can't be making this kind of changes very often based
on this many "users took time to learn a professionnal tool, and have
difficulties with self learning", this is specially true when you look at
tutorials online which haven't been updated for 2.0 or 2.2 and can make the
life of novice users hell.

I think improvements are always welcome, but maybe big changes like this
should be worked and maybe even create a pull request for it but not merge
it until a 3.0 release maybe? Just a thought

On the identify vrs Selected, I think most or all current used GIS software
have this functionality, right now I think a lot of users from certain
vendor are looking for QGIS to switch and the first thing you do when you
get a new software is to look for the tools you are used to.