[Qgis-developer] name 'QString' is not defined

Znarf1965 fsozzi at INTERCAD.CH
Fri Apr 4 00:49:23 PDT 2014

Hi Everybody,

I can't use QString class inside QGis Python Console or inside QGis Python
plugins.
If I use inside a stand alone pyw application, I have no problem (please
note that I run pyw from Eclipse).

Here you are what I do and get inside QGis Python Console:

Python 2.7.5 (default, May 15 2013, 22:44:16) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] on
WIN-J13S01PK4M5
## Type help(iface) for more info and list of methods.
from PyQt4.QtCore import *
action = QString()

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<input>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'QString' is not defined

Are there anybody that can suggest me something?...

Best regards

Francesco