[Qgis-developer] Adding plugins to core?

AntonioLocandro antoniolocandro at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 4 20:22:56 PDT 2014

I think it's a great idea, I was actually thinking about this the other day
and glad you brought the topic.

Although we can install plugins certainly it becomes evident when a plugin
should really become a core feature, example the Openlayers Plugin, I bet
almost all people using QGIS downloads it before doing anything with QGIS.
Plugins extend QGIS functionality beyond what initially was thought but in
many cases plugins become a must to be able to work efficiently

If the plugins are added to core I would vote for blending the functions
coherently with the rest of the interface in the appropriate menus. A good
example would be CAD tools which I would say be called Advanced Editing or
something.

I would add

http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/zoomtocoordinates/
http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/numericalDigitize/  - needs to add case for