[Qgis-developer] Vienna hackfest: QGIS Legend discussion

Leyan ouyang.leyan.ml at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 5 18:39:32 PDT 2014

On 03/26/2014 05:21 PM, kimaidou wrote:

> * display the legend as an interactive tree to let the user deactivate
> one or several rules or classes. Toggling one of the classes will just
> hide the corresponding features in the map. I think the feature would
> be a great addition, but it is a different approach that just
> diplsaying an image. What about having both options if possible : the
> user could decide layer per layer if the legend must be interactive
> (with checkboxes) or if he just want a static image to be generated
> and displayed.
I would love to have this feature when exploring new datasets. In
addition to the checkbox for each layer, another (smaller?) checkbox
could be added near each class, allowing to easily toggle visibility of
each class. It would also need a way to toggle all classes visibility at
once.

This is actually trivial on the UI side, but I don't know how easy it is
to control the rendering of a single class ?