[Qgis-developer] Performance Tuning qgis.org

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Apr 5 12:44:17 PDT 2014

On 05-04-14 20:59, Alex Mandel wrote:
> I realized that we're no longer running any php based websites. Can
> someone verify that?
>
> If true we can try switching off Apache prefork for worker which is
> multi-threaded and might perform better.

Hi Alex,

I think you are right... but others, please let us know if we are wrong!

Other point: although qgis.org website is as responsive as before,
actually doing something on the server is awfully slow (currently trying
to start a sphinx buildscript... it looks like it takes seconds for
every file to write....)?? Also opening a file in vim takes a long time??

Is this related to the problems with the other server, or are we sharing
resources now or os?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde