[Qgis-developer] working with qgis and pgadmin/psql...

Stott, James fmrojst at fylkesmannen.no
Thu Apr 10 05:54:46 PDT 2014

This was the problem I was having a few months ago before 2.2 was released. I would run queries and they would never disappear on the server. So eventually the queries would stop running as the number of connections reached 100.

I only got around it by adding layers and specifying that the layer does not look for styles in the PostGIS database (the False at the end there).

vlayer = QgsVectorLayer(uri.uri(), layerName, "postgres", False)

I don't know if it is related to the code that looks for styles in the database, and if doesn't find one it doesn't shut down the connection?

James