[Qgis-developer] Compiling QGIS on Mavericks

nzfarmer andrew at southweb.co.nz
Sun Apr 13 00:43:22 PDT 2014

Larry

This is helpful.  But setting up the dev environment has raised more
questions than answers:

I needed to either download the patches to QGIS-2-0_1-final or suspend the
brew with --debug to create my own tree.

(having a brew -n to simulate the actions only would be nice; and a brew
--no_purge could be useful)

So my current dev tree is now not under version control - but I would at the
very least like to place the Plugin code under VC.

The original plugin code I'm basing my work off is already accessible via
GitHub so do I make a new branch? And if so can I make this private until
I'm ready to share the work? Or can I simply setup a local Git repo and
merge this later as a new branch or the original as required? Welcome your
thoughts.

(Sorry, I somewhat new to GitHub as well as homebrew  - btw I am using
qgis-20 - 22 was a typo.)