[Qgis-developer] Symbol levels

Hugo Mercier hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
Tue Apr 15 06:07:41 PDT 2014

Hi,

There are some points I don't really understand with the current
implementation of symbol levels.

The UI asks for numeric levels, but, if I am correct, only relative
orders between two symbol layers are important.
Was there something else originally planned ? Something like a global
level to be able to order symbol layers of different vector layers ?

Another point : apart from performance issue, I cannot see any reason
why *not* to enable symbol levels. Are there situations were users do
want different symbol layers to overlap ?
--
Hugo Mercier
Oslandia