[Qgis-developer] Implementing a cache for the composer attribute table

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 23:06:52 PDT 2014

On 18 April 2014 00:25, Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:

> There is no special reason for the current non-caching behaviour. It was
> fast enough for my usage when I implemented it back in 2010, so there was no
> reason for me to do caching.

I suspect the behaviour I'm seeing is a very platform/build dependant
quirk. At least, I can't reliably replicate it across different
platforms... Regardless, a cache should be a win for database users in
any case.

On 17 April 2014 23:10, Matthias Kuhn <matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch> wrote:

> I just wanted to ask if you considered to use QgsVectorLayerCache instead of
> implementing your own caching algorithm.

I'll check this out and update the code. Looks relatively
straightforward to utilise from my initial investigation. Thanks!

Nyall