[Qgis-developer] QGIS master crashes on zoom in - zoom out

Pedro Venâncio pedrongvenancio at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 12:38:19 PDT 2014

Hi,

I've compiled and installed yesterday QGIS 2.3 master, on Xubuntu 12.04, but it is continually crashing with a segmentation fault (core dumped). I just load a layer (raster / shape / postgis) and do some zoom in / zoom out. I've tried with the option to render with all processor cores active / deactivated, but it happens exactly the same. I've also uninstalled the CADInput plugin, because I read somewhere that it could give problems, but not resolved.

On the console::

$ qgis
Warning: loading of qt translation failed [/usr/share/qt4/translations/qt_en_US]
Warning: QGraphicsScene::addItem: item has already been added to this scene
no need
false; DefaultProxy; ; ; ; *********;
Warning: QGraphicsScene::addItem: item has already been added to this scene
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
breaking!
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

The faster I zoom in / zoom out, more "breaking!" appears, until the Segmentation fault... See here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772257/qgis/crash.ogv

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772257/qgis/crash_nightly.ogv

In the first attempt I was using the ubuntugis-stable repository, with gdal 1.9.x. However, I updated all packages with ubuntugis-unstable, and went back to compile, but the same thing happens.

In a last attempt, I tried the nightly builds, also without success.

I've uninstalled everything that was associated with qgis, grass, gdal; erased folders .qgis2 and .config/QGIS, but still crashes...

Error reports always refer to something related to QgsMapRenderer: SIGSEGV in QgsMapRenderer::extent() / QgsMapRenderer::updateScale() / QgsMapRenderer::adjustExtentToSize():

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772257/qgis/relatorio_erro_qgis.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772257/qgis/relatorio_erro_qgis_2.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772257/qgis/relatorio_erro_qgis_3.png

Does anyone have any idea about what may be the cause?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Pedro