[Qgis-developer] Plugin management

Vincent Picavet vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Wed Apr 30 05:06:27 PDT 2014

Hello,

> I am adding my notes on the plugins to be approved directly on the
> django interface, using the About field. I encourage others to do the
> same. Comments have to be removed before publication.

As you already said, it would be great if such a reviewer comment feature
would be available directly in the django interface.

> It would be useful to have a list of items to be checked for approval.

Some more items for code reviewing :
* english language used in code (comments, identifiers)
* good shape of source repository :
- no generated file in repository (ui_*.py, resources_rc.py, gen. help files…)
- good code organization (subfolders)
- code comments
- PEP8 & Python/QGIS guidelines compliance
- a README file
- a LICENCE file (GPL2/GPL2+ mandatory)
* Licence compliancy wrt external dependencies (e.g. no import of commercial
python module)
* "No evil" : track the obvious "rm -Rf ~/" code

As for external dependencies, I think it should be clearly stated somewhere if
the plugin has a need for non-free external dependency.
If some dependencies are not available in OSGeo4w Python, a clear indication
of how to install them should be given.

Great review work from your part Paolo btw !
We will try to join the effort soon.

Vincent