[Qgis-developer] Grass, QGIS, and Ubuntu 14.04

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Aug 13 09:17:43 PDT 2014

On 08/13/2014 07:32 AM, Randal Hale wrote:
> I received an update yesterday and didn't pay attention. I updated the
> second machine today. It seems like I've seen this on the list early
> this week or last - but I've cleaned out email.
>
> The last ubuntu update breaks the QGIS Grass Plugin - the plugin wants
> grass 6.4.3 but grass has went to 6.4.4 at some point. Since I didn't
> pay great attention I'm not entirely sure if grass upgraded or the
> plugin downgraded. I'm not 100% sure it was this upgrade - but
> regardless this last one finished things breaking (if it started earlier).
>
> Randy

You did see some emails about this.

The plugin was removed, GRASS upgraded. When a new version of GRASS gets
added to the repo the main QGIS package has to be rebuilt for the
qgis-grass-plugin to match. That hasn't happened yet.

I'm not sure if there's an option with Launchpad to force rebuild of
QGIS whenever GRASS gets uploaded. Forwarding to the Ubuntugis group.

Thanks,
Alex