[Qgis-developer] Regarding linear transformation in Georeferencer

Siki Zoltan siki at agt.bme.hu
Thu Aug 14 02:00:31 PDT 2014

Dear Sajid,

checking the source of the plugin I realized that different scales are
used in easting and northing direction. So the formulas look like:
E' = Eoffset + Escale * E
N' = Noffset - Nscale * N

The minus in N formula is because of the different axis direction in the
screen coordinates and map coordinates.
The four unknowns are calculated from a least squares estimation.

Regards,
Zoltan