[Qgis-developer] Geospackage Slow in QGIS

aperi2007 aperi2007 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 14:55:35 PDT 2014

Hi Zoltan.

Yes, this is the usual solution in the sqlite world.

I don't like it because is not a scalable solution when there are many
records and there are relations with other tables.
Also an usual problem is to have a primary key filed with the same
values of the original table.

The solution
create table as select ...

dont allow to have a primary key field of type integer incremental.

It need a more uggly
create table(...);
insert into .... select .....

But also this don't allow to have the same pk for the same records.

A.

Il 18/08/2014 22:41, Siki Zoltan ha scritto:
> Dear Andrea,
>
> what about using DB Manager's SQL window?
> There you can input an SQL select.
>
> To remove a column in SQLite you can create a new table without the
> column to delete and then use
> INSERT INTO new_table SELECT ...
>
> Regards,
> Zoltan
>
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2014, Andrea Peri wrote:
>
>> Just to explain why this is an important question.
>
> On a sqlite db is impossible to remove a field.
> So if a table is with two geometry field, it is never see-able from qgis.
> Because is not possible a command like:
>
> alter table remove filed geometry-2;
>
> Bye,
>
> Andrea Peri.

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have changed my opinin.
>> From +1 to +0
>>
>> Infact I discovered just now that gdal driver for spatialite don't
>> seem to support tables with more than 1 geometrt field.
>> Almost on QGIS.
>>
>> Andrea

>>> I'm wondered why QGIS needs a native SpatiaLite provider and
>>> connection dialogue any more. Unlike other database providers such
>>> as PostGIS, Oracle, MSSQL the SpatiaLite provider doesn't seem to
>>> have anything special that requires a QGIS provider. From a users
>>> perspective it just adds to the confusion and complexity for adding
>>> data. Why not just use GDAL/OGR for both Geopackage and Spatialite?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Jeremy

>>> Martin