[Qgis-developer] visual changelog incorporation in qgis.org

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Aug 19 08:00:38 PDT 2014

(sorry for cross posting)

We finished the incorporation the outputs of

http://changelog.linfiniti.com/qgis/version/2.4.0/

into the web site itself:

http://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog240/QGIS-2.4.0.html

http://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog220/QGIS-2.2.0.html

http://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog200/QGIS-2.0.0.html

Before we retrieved the changelog data as a atom feed (without images),
peeled it with JQuery and injected it in the site, making it non
translatable.
Now we download rest and build it into the website, and it will be
translatable.

For the latest/testing version it is the feed can still be used (and is
now working WITH images also, still non translatable).

SO the idea about the future:

- when a dev or user fixes an important bug, or introduces a new
feature, create a changelog entry for it including screenie.

- it would be nice if the same dev also wrote some docs for that
feature, so the upgrading of the docs could go a little smoother.

- I also think we could use the same application to create a (huge) list
of features, exactly on the same way: some text and a screenie.
Any volunteers :-) ?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

ps we will move the 'projecta' site qgis.org server in near future