[Qgis-developer] Resurrecting the RFC (QEP - QGIS Enhancement Proposal)

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Thu Aug 21 13:44:28 PDT 2014

Hi Nathan,

Sorry for top-posting, but I think your idea is very much needed. I was
looking into labeling changes, built upon Nyall's recent work, and found
the new features to be drastic enough to warrant a QEP (I like the acronym
as well).

Question: at what point does a new feature need to go through the QEP
process? (You mentioned 'major features.') Or, are you suggesting all new
features have an accompanying QEP?

This should go a long ways towards ensuring stability is always taken into
consideration, too.

Regards,

Larry